Friday, August 31, 2012

August

It has been a wonderfully crazy month! 

August 3rd I went blueberry picking. A few other people that I knew from the chapel and the teens ministry came as well. We visited a Japanese to English school for elementary aged children first. Then together we all picked blueberries and had a Japanese style BBQ for lunch.  I scared myself half to death almost reaching my hand into a huge spiderweb guarded by the largest spider I have ever seen in my life. It was only about three inches across but still it was scary! The Japanese children came up to us and asked for our signature as part of their assignment for the day. This trip was a great opportunity to see a little more of Japan and make new friends. 

Sunday, August 5th, Kyle and I endeavored to find our way to Atsugi Air Force Base by car in order to help set up for VBS the following week. We eventually did make it to our destination, but not without great difficulty. Fun times! 
I was a Bonfire Bible teacher for the Beach Bash Vacation Bible School. Ridding the bus back and forth with the children from SHA each day was the highlight of my week. Loads of fun! It was great to be back teaching again! 
The Saturday following the VBS Kyle and I successfully coordinated our first event together. Firsts are so much fun! :) We took the teens of the chapel to Tama Hills for a day of recreation. I enjoyed a 40min. horseback ride in the hardest saddle ever, an amazing game of ultimate Frisbee, and paintball in the woods with my amazing paintball obsessed husband. 
Sunday the 19th and the 26th Kyle and I facilitated teacher training for the teachers that will be running the Children's Church program. I love watching my husband  teach!!! He is so amazing! 
Watching Kyle play softball, evening ladies summer bible study, an appointment to the vet for Seirra, a trip to Machida by myself, and preparation for the upcoming ministries conclude the record of this month's events. 

Congratulations to Alissa-Jo and Brian on getting hitched! 



No comments:

Post a Comment