Friday, September 7, 2012

P90X Protein Bars

Kyle and I were /sort of are on the P90X excercize program and diet. I found this blog http://myp90xnutritionplan.com/p90xrecipes/melissas-homemade-protein-bars/
(And no, I didn't come up with this recipe.)

I saved a considerable about in groceries each week by making my own protein bars. And since I've always wanted to do one of the those picture recipe blog posts....here you go!

Ingredients:
 I put a tiny amount of oil into the measuring cup first so that the syrup would come out smoothly, and the utensil would be easy to clean afterwards. This is a little trick first taught to me during Bob Likes bread making class at Keepers years ago. :)
 I roasted the almonds. Definitely encourage you to do this! It enhances the flavor sooooo much!
 Wet and dry ingredients. I also used the oil in the measuring cup trick for measuring the peanut butter. So glad that I did!
 Mixed:
 What it looks like together. :/ And yes, I did this all by hand. It wasn't half as hard as I thought it would be. I just didn't want to kill my hand mixer.
 This is a no bake recipe. I like it this way because it makes the bars more moist than any baked protein bar I have ever had. The first time I made these I froze them first then left them in the fridge uncovered for a few days until they had dried out a bit. This batch I put some in the freezer and some in the fridge both wrapped in plastic or in baggies. They have staid moist and have not melted into puddles in Kyle's lunch box. :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment