Saturday, May 19, 2012

Romans 8: 1-8 - Bible Memory

Hey! I'm doing well! I know I haven't posted in ages. Japan is amazing. Life is wonderful. God is good! Right now Kyle is in D.C for a 5 1/2 week training class. He will be coming back home on June 17th, which is now in less than a month away!!! Celebrations! The goal was for me to use my new found "free" time to work on my relationship with the Lord. It hasn't quite worked out like I planned it, but hey, what does??? Inspite of feeling really lazy in this area, I have managed to work on my Bible memory a little bit. It has been quite a while since I made any progress in this area. If you wish to have a Bible Memory Accountability partner, please let me know! I need all the help I can get! Enough rambling from me. Please allow these scripture verses (typed from memory) to soak in. We are no longer condemned! If the King of the universe declairs you free then nothing in this world can make you guilty!!!

Romans 8:1-8 (ESV)
1. There is therefore now no comdemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
2. For the law of the Spirit of Life has set you free, in Christ Jesus, from the law of sin and death.
3. For God has done what the law, weekend by sinful the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh,
4. in order that the rightous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.
6. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.
7. For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law, indeed it cannot.
8. Those who live are in the flesh cannot please God.


ok.....now to check and see how I did.....I'll add corrections in red, and take away mistakes in green.
Wow! Not perfect but better than I though!

The only words I can comfortably say in Japanese are "sumimasen" (Excuse me) and Kon-nichi wa (Good Afternoon).

But from reading off of my little cheat sheet here let me ask you a question.

Genki desuka? (How are you?)

Love,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment